12 Days of D.I.Y. Christmas Gifts
with essential oils
~ D.I.Y. Refreshing Candy Cane Bath Salt ~
What are some smells you think about during Christmas time? Cinnamon? Orange? Pine? Peppermint Candy Canes? Ooohhh yes, Peppermint!
There’s something so nice and soothing just sitting in a nice hot bath and breathing in the freshness of Peppermint. Re-energizing is the perfect word I would use for this bath salt gift! Tie it off with a cute candy cane and you are good to go.
Peppermint can also sooth the occasional head tensions and promotes proper nasal and respiratory function. I say this is a great winter gift for sure!
What you need:
- 2 cups of Epsom salt (divided) –
- 1/4 cup Baking Soda (divided)
- 8 drops Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil (divided)
- Natural Red Food Coloring
In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup of Epsom salt, 1/8 cup of baking soda, 4 drops of Peppermint oil, and natural red food coloring. Mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix the other remaining ingredients together.
Carefully spoon mixer into a jar, alternating colors for a candy cane look!
- Be careful using too much of the food coloring, you wouldn’t want anyone coming out of the bath red!
- Natural food coloring ideas: Beet Juice